Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sneak Peeks from Facebook

There's a Facebook game for authors going around right now that requests authors give 7 lines or the first full paragraph from page 7, 70, or 170 of current works in progress or recently released books. Since I've posted them on my personal wall, I decided that I'll also post them here so all can read them! I'll also edit this document to include as many as I post there. :-) Which are you looking most forward to? Answer in the comments!

All pieces are copyright by me!

~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~
BLOOD OF EIRNY
Out Now!
~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~

Avery stared blankly through the charred remains of the library, as the residents slowly made their way through, up the ladder, and out into the castle above. She felt as if another piece of her had burned to death in the flames. Thousands of years of history had been reduced to ashes within minutes.

~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~
UNDERTAKEN
~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~

She squealed and pulled her knees in front of her face. She wanted to get up and run, but she had frozen in place.

Almost instantly, his teeth flattened to appear normal, once again. “I told you not to be afraid of me.” He reached out to her, but she yanked herself away. He sighed deeply. “I swear I won’t hurt you.”

“H-how am I supposed to believe that?”

“If I were going to, I would have done it, already. Even better, that idiot kid was already doing a good enough job of it. I could have just left him to it and saved myself the energy.”

~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~
UNTITLED CONTEMPORARY
~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~    ~*~

And then Liv happened. Suddenly, he understood why he’d put up with Liv’s controlling ways. He had been desperate to make the pain stop. He had tried to fill the void that Lilliana’s absence had caused. Without her, the Gavin that she had mentioned had been crippled. “You might be here a while.”

She looked up at him. She instantly recognized the look of wishful thinking on his face, which caught her slightly off-guard. Not knowing what else to say, she decided to go with the only safe bet. “Let’s go check out that roof.”

No comments:

Post a Comment