Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Newsletter: May 2018

Vol. 1, No. 1

I've been sitting on the thought of a newsletter for a while now, and I've finally decided that, you know what? Let's just do it. I considered a fancy email version, but they just don't let me connect to you like I would like. I don't want to talk AT you. I want to talk WITH you. Putting it all on my blog was the best solution I could think of. Especially considering that if you look up on the top right bar, you can have updates sent to your email! I know a lot of people have their own here and there, but I really want to involve everyone. I don't want to just talk about me. I'm boring. I want to talk about anything and everything bookish. I wanna talk about those amazing authors that you might not have heard about. And if you're a new author and you don't know where to look for editing, covers, etc., I want to talk about that, too! I want to talk about it ALL!

So here we go!

PS - I don't get ANYTHING for sharing these authors, bloggers, etc. Beyond the thrill of introducing you to them, anyway. I don't get paid. I don't get free stuff. No free books, services, back rubs ... Nothing. I just really want you to find something new that you love and introduce you to some really cool people!

PPS - If you have a new book, a book that just doesn't get the attention it needs, a new blog, are starting a new cover design service, are starting a new editing service, and you want to be included in this, you seriously don't have to wait for me to manage some free time after the kids go to bed and just hope I find you. Besides, toddlers never sleep. Just drop me an email! Much faster!


NEW RELEASES!


I really want to start with a gorgeous woman whom I admire greatly. Super sweet and funny, and she's always making my days better. Lavinia Urban was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, and she was brave enough to write all about it. She finally published it February 28.


2017 was one of the hardest times of my life. It was the year I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer.
In this book I lay everything bare and tell you what it is really like living with cancer.

~*~

On My Way Home While Anger Sleeps by Jason Ellis was released April 15! I've known Jason a while, and he is just an amazing human being! He is always doing things for others, and I wanted to give him a little shout out, and hopefully bring attention to his new book!



They're here. Stay quiet. Don't make a sound.

I spent all night covered by a deranged coating of fear. The noise they made kept me trapped in a permanent and sadistically cruel panic. It was nothing compared to the fear I now feel. This fear cuts through me, grabs at my skin, and forces my heart to pump without mercy.

A different sound. A different cry.

My heart retaliates and pauses once again, desperate for its normal rhythm, and my imagination runs millions of images through my weakened mind. I'm suddenly writing possible futures … my future, my story … thousands of times. They all begin the same way, with the same opening words.

She heard a different cry …

I hold my breath. Unlike in the alleyway yesterday, time does pause for me now. I exist outside of the normal universe, trapped between one second and the next, as the new sound haunts me. Yes, that is the best way to express the feeling. The only way. I am haunted.

I don't know why the world changed, or what happened to everyone, but they are here now. The anger. 

My name is Shayla. I will survive. I will.

~*~

Prefer something a little ... steamier? Kitty Thomas released a dark romance called Pretty Lies on April 23!


As a phone sex operator, Annette Waincott knows how to tease to get what she wants. That is, until she teases the wrong man at a club, claiming kinky fantasies she doesn’t really have. It must have been too much vodka and his tantalizing Russian accent. Too bad he believes her.

When the Russian accidentally kidnaps her twin sister as part of an ill-fated sex game, things quickly get real. In a desperate bid to free her twin, Annette offers herself to him in trade. He both terrifies and excites her, but she knows she can never trust him. The things he wants will push her to her limits and beyond. And this time, she can't tell pretty lies and run away.

Note: This is a book in the Pleasure House world. The other books are: Guilty Pleasures, Broken Dolls, and Surrender. The books can be read in any order but this title occurs first chronologically and would be considered a "prequel" to the other books since Anton and Annette are already a couple in the other books. This is their origins story.


COMING THIS MONTH!


Happy Birthday to ME! Have you been dying for the next Forbidden Bond novel, like I have? Cat Miller (my beloved Kitteh Boss) is releasing Unmerciful ON MY BIRTHDAY! It's up for pre-order right now, but it officially drops May 22! And yes, I did manage to score an ARC as part of my job benefits, so I can assure you that you WILL want this book. And all the others, if you don't have them. Click her name. It'll take you where you want to go.


Being a vampire sure bites…

Lindsay Roselle’s biggest worry should have been what to wear under her robe at her college graduation, not how she was going to survive the night as a newly turned vampire. After catching the attention of the Rogue, a vampire out to destroy the Vampire Nation, Lindsay was forced to undergo the change herself. Convinced she’s fated for an end worse than death, Lindsay had all but given up until she’s rescued...by the last person she ever expected to see again.

Kayden Paris wasn’t anything like the playboy Lindsay remembered from the night they shared together...and she wouldn’t have forgotten the fangs. Kayden is the heir to his vampire clan and son of the mightiest warrior in the Vampire Nation, but even he may not be able to heal all the wounds Lindsay suffered at the hands of the Rogue.

In a life fraught with secrets, lies, and deadly enemies, Lindsay must first learn to trust herself in order to survive.


BLOGS, PEOPLE, AND SERVICES TO CHECK OUT!

Read Between the Lines, A Dance in the Dark, and Nerdy Books Dragon Realm are great places to find your new favorite book. Anna is always doing amazing things for authors, as well as bringing book reviews and new releases to readers' attention! She also has started a book tour service, for any authors in need of a little boost!

Between the Pages One Book at a Time is another great blog that would be a great place to start on your search for your next great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment